A warming soup will nourish your soul and your body.
Soup can provide you with a good source of many nutrients and a home made veggie or chicken broth will provide you with loads of healthy goodness.Homemade is best ..
You can add pulses or lentils to your soup to increase your fibre intake.
Use veggie in season and don’t cook them for to long as the goodness will be will be richer in colour and flavour and nutrients.
Brown rice, pak choi and ginger soup.Broccoli and ginger soup,King prawn ,noodle and lemongrass broth.
Watercress and Turkey soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 500ml Veggie stock
- 200g watercress, roughly chopped
- 100g spinach
- 200g skinless, boneless turkey breast or left overs, thinly sliced
- salt and papper
- parsley, finely chopped for the end
- Heat a saucepan with the olive oil and add the onions and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the celery, stock and salt and bring to the boil.Reduce the heat and leave for a few minutes
- Add the watercress and the spinach and cook for a few more minutes.Once cooked put into the blender and liquide the soup.
- In another pan stir fry the turkey for a few minutes to heat it up and then add to the soup and sparkle with the parley .Serve straight away.