Sweet almonds are edible, while bitter ones are used for making oil, a common oil that is used to add flavour to our food or for skin products.
They are usually eaten raw, but many people also add them as ingredients in salads, casseroles, and other dishes. You can eat almonds directly, preferably on an empty stomach to increase and speed up the absorption of their nutrients. Crushed almonds are also a wonderful garnish for a number of dishes. You can soak them in water overnight so you can eat them the next morning on your oats or you can make almond milk.Almond milk is also a delicious drink as an alternative to dairy free or gluten free diets.
Almond have a great health benefits:
- Boost Brain Health
- Regulate Cholesterol Level
- Improve Bone Health
- Strengthen Immune System
- Prevent Heart Diseases and more
Almonds are a good source of
- Vitamin B12, iron, manganese, magnesium,
- vitamin E, phosphorus, selenium and zinc
- 1 litre water
- 1 cup raw almonds, unsalted
- 1 tsp honey ( if need be)
- Soak the almonds in water overnight
- Combine the above ingredients in a power blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want a more liquid milk you can strain the milk in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
- The milk is ready to drink.
- Keep refrigerated and drink within a few days no longer than a week.