- Serves 6
- takes 25 mins
Make the party swing with this delicious mulled winter punch recipe, which is like traditional mulled wine.
- 18 cloves
- 6 large strips of orange zest
- 1 bottle of red wine.
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp brown Sugar
- 5cm cinnamon stick
- 15g ginger, thinly sliced and bruised
- 2 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur, such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Push 3 cloves into each strip of orange.
- Mix the clove-studded orange strips and all the other ingredients together in a large pan.Add to the pan 375ml water. Bring up to simmering point on a low heat . Barely simmer for 15-20 minutes – do not let it boil or all the alcohol will evaporate.
- Serve in slightly warmed, heatproof cups or glasses